Thursday, September 26, 2013

October 5th Wood Blocking and November 9th Pinterest Party!

I am going to cover 2 events on this post. Please read all the way through.

Oct 5th Wood Blocking Party!
This will be an open house starting at 10am.  I plan on being home all day.
(Anyone up for cocktails Saturday night? Guys and Girls welcome for that!)


I have had a few RSVP's for this event. I was hoping for more than the 4 that I have! I am unpacking boxes to share all my stuff and I'd like to be able to free up the boxes and not repack all my things. Please let me know if you are coming. If you do plan on it I'd like to urge you to get your wood blocks as soon as possible. I have had mine for a week and still don't know what I'm planning on decorating with! I'm so excited that I really want to do everything! I am willing to join you in the shopping trip if you don't want to go alone. There are TONS of inspirational ideas at The Wood Connection. I want to make everything there! It's located in Murray so it should be easy to get to for everyone. You don't have to go to The Wood Connection. You can go to Hobby Lobby, Lowes, Home Depot etc.. I just want you to go soon so you aren't going the day of and getting overwhelmed with options.


For fun I jumped on Pinterest for more ideas. Here are some pictures.


Crafty Sisters: Halloween Wood CraftsWood CraftsWood CraftsCute wood craft snowmen family.  Too cuteMemories-Wood-Craft.jpgMay & Spring Wood Crafts | Crafty Wood Cutouts
I want this hanger for my laundry room! scrap wood craft ideas | crackled paint, wood scrap, coat hanger, I could do ... | Craft Ideas
On to the next event:

November 9th PINTEREST PARTY

Who isn't obsessed with Pinterest!? Even my husband has an account. But lets be honest- how many things have you pinned and thought "One day I'd like to make that!" and never have time? My answer is "Daily. Yep! Daily" So... we decided to have a Pinterest Party! This will give us all time and an excuse to do what we have been longing to do.

Here is how it works: We have an open house in Bountiful (If you RSVP I will let you know where to go- I really don't like posting where we are all gathering on such a public forum.) We haven't quite decided on the time yet, but I'm thinking lunch time-dinner time.

You log on to Pinterest.
You shop your own boards for things you love! (Or feel free to create a new board!)
You pick a food dish that you'd like to try to make (Or you have already made, but found the recipe on Pinterest)
You make your dish (or drink) to pass at the party.
You pick a craft you want to do. (I will post some inspiration below)
You bring your supplies to complete your craft.
You walk in with your dish, craft supplies and a few hours to hang out, eat and create!

Sound like something you want to do? Let me know.

We will be providing some basic supplies like hot glue, but since the list of idea is endless make sure you grab what you need or contact me if you think your supply is a basic and I will let you know if it's already covered. If you have some basics, like craft paper or beads, or maybe a bag of sugar or flour, and would like to share please let me know so I can pass along the information to others who may need your supply.  Think outside the box too- like do you have a Cricut machine or paint brushes? How about a those picture frames and old Tshirts you were going to donate?

BONUS! I will be providing a free craft if you RSVP (I can't buy your supplies if I don't know you are coming) It'll be a cute one that is easy to create so don't stress!

I'm pretty excited for this event! It's just in time to make some Christmas gifts for neighbors and friends!

Here are some ideas: If you 'd like more ideas hop over to my Pinterest board "Pinterest Party Ideas" and check out everything I have pinned in preparation for this party. I will add you to the board if you'd like. Melony- I'm already adding you :)

Want to try photography!? The location we picked has plenty of places for poses. I will even bring my camera if you ask! My sister will be there to help with tips and tricks too!

Ok so I'm not the best at sewing, but I have a sewing machine I can bring- Again, if you ask. I know the basics and I'm sure someone else there can help too!

I will probably be creating some kind of home decoration since we will be moving shortly after this party. I'm thinking of making some curtains... HMM... I'm going to have to learn! Or maybe a painting for the bathroom. Did you know my sister knows how to paint- AMAZINGLY! (She hasn't volunteered to help, but I'm sure if you asked she'd love to!)

Don't know how to make a recipe? Want to learn- My mom is a pretty good cook and we will have a kitchen at the location! This means you can cover two birds, one stone. Your craft is the meal you are going to share. Just make sure you have all the things you need. If you need an appliance give me a call ASAP so I don't pack what I have.

That gets me thinking... What if I want to do a meal planning idea- you know, like the month of freezer meals... I might not be doing my curtains after all.

I'm getting too excited! I think it's time to start pinning! Oh and don't forget to RSVP for the free craft!

I will see you all October 5th and again November 9th! Then we will take a small break from seeing each other and do a photo challenge for the holidays.

Can't wait!

L

No comments:

Post a Comment