Monday, September 16, 2013

Wood Blocking Party! Oct 5th Open House

I have been waiting and waiting for the right time to have this particular Ladies Day! The holidays are coming quickly and I want to complete this project before the holidays are over.

Patrice is going to be our hostess for October. Like I said, I've been itchin to have this party! We will be doing wood blocking! You will need to come prepared with supplies (I can pick them up for you if you tell me what you want, since I will need to get my own as well. I know Patrice can pick up supplies too!) We will be going to The Wood Connection in Murray for our supplies. Click here to see what they have and the cutest ideas! This will also give you an idea of what fun this will be!

If you want to go to the store to see more with us lets plan a date! I would love to go in a group and get cute ideas before I buy! Lets shoot for this week in case we need to order something you just have to have. I'm thinking of doing the word "home" and having the "o" interchangeable for each season- Like a flower for spring, a beach ball for summer, a pumpkin for fall, a snowflake for winter. What do you think?

Here are some examples of what Patrice has done:




There are also shapes you can buy. My sister made my daughter 3 owls that are adorable! Ok so these owls are not the ones my sister made (Personally I think hers are cuter) These are the display at the store. Can you see that price!? $2.50!! Such a great deal!

 Supplies:
I have a lot of scrapbook paper, I also have modpodge (although Clear Wood Glue will work better with paper. Modpodge will smear the color and has a tendency to lift the paper from the wood.)
I also have various colors of paint to share. I have a few paint brushes too. I also have butcher paper to work on. I have scrapbooking supplies like ribbon, flowers etc. that I'm willing to share as well. However- mine is all a mixture and my not be what you are looking for. Here is a list of supplies needed. You can decide what you trust me with and what you want for your specific design. And don't worry! Patrice is going to teach us how do to this. Even if you feel you aren't crafty she will show you how to make the perfect piece!

The Whole List:
Wood (obviously)
Clear Wood Glue
Scrapbook Paper
Paint (cheap little bottles) or wood stain
Paint Brushes, Foam paint brushes
Any accessories you want on your wood: Glitter (Patrice said get glitter paper instead- it works much easier), ribbon, feathers, flowers, jewels etc
Butcher paper for easier clean up
Glue gun with glue (I have 2 glue guns)

Now the problem for me is finding the boxes in which all of these items are packed... Hmm... Let the digging begin! Man I hate moving!


Details:
We will be doing this at my house on October 5th, Open house, but remember this will take awhile so come prepared to complete your project. (Mine is going to take most of the day so I will have all the supplies out while I'm working away.) I will open my doors at 10am and we will work until we are done. Come ready! I will provide small snacks, but if you can please bring a side dish (snack) to share and whatever you are drinking.

In Short:
October 5th
10am- 5ish?
My house
Bring your craft supplies
Bring a dish to pass
BYODrinks
Come with enough time to complete your project


Can't Wait! As always I would appreciate RSVPs.

L

Just for Fun:
Here are some images I found for cute ideas! (Google Image Search)
(Bring pictures printed on paper and modpodge to the wood)
    calendar blocks (Cute gift idea!)

 Have Boys?




Yarn or Twine!



  Maps instead of scrapbook paper











No comments:

Post a Comment