Friday, May 17, 2013

A Little Inspiration and a Little Business

A Little Inspiration

I heard this play on the radio last year about this time, graduation time. I had a reminder again on the radio the other day and thought I love the message so much that I should share with everyone. Have you seen it before? What do you think? Did it hit home for you?
Here it is:
Baz Luhrmann - Everybody'​s Free To Wear Sunscreen- Click here to watch/listen. It's about 5 minutes and totally worth the time!

Our May Ladies Day
Tomorrow is the day! Are you coming? Do you have a friend tagging along with you? I have a few magazines, chips, salsa and other supplies just waiting for you.
Please remember to bring your glue sticks and magazines, as well as some creativity! Or at least some direction in which you want to head in the next year. A vision board is a simple, fun, creative way to set some goals for yourself. Lets get this started!

We will be meeting at my house at 11am. If you need my address please contact me.
If you can't make it to the ladies day I still want you to complete the project! Please send me a picture of your vision board and an explanation of what it means to you. I will post it along with all of the ones we create here. Thanks!

June 5k
There is still time to sign up on our team! It is $45 until May 31st.
Our Team Info: Team Name: Ladies All Day Team Captain: Swenson

I know this is spendy so I understand if that's why you can't make it. However, I'm not taking "I don't run" as a valid excuse. I don't either and this isn't a competitive run- it's a FUN RUN. We are going to get blasted with color and take some pretty funny pictures together. I can see who has signed up so you don't need to RSVP to me- Just keep checking back here for any additional info AFTER you sign up.
Thank you for the idea Tierney!
Has anyone done a 5k in their town? A color run? I'd like to hear about it- share it and post your pictures if you have. Please contact me (LadiesAllDay@gmail.com) with your story.

Who's Hosting Next?
Are you untested in sharing an idea for a ladies day? Do you have anything we can all learn from you? I would like to have everyone invested in ideas and hosting periodically so that we cover everybody's interests and we all want to be included. Please let me know?

Here are some ideas if you want to host but don't know what to do.
Movie Night (in or out)
Fun Bus Trip
Picture Day
Hiking
Cocktails
Shopping
Color Me Mine
Pedicures/Manicures
Cooking
Card/board Games
Gardening
Pool Party (My mom has a pool we can use)
Anything goes really- I just want to have a positive memory with everyone- doing whatever it is that we do.

Two More Things


Please follow this page. Look in the right hand column. You will see a blue "Join This Site" button. Click it and follow the instructions. This way you will receive what I write in an email form. So much easier.

Also, will you please share the web address with other people in your life? I want to reach as many people as possible.

Thank you for your support!

L

No comments:

Post a Comment