Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Brittany

We have another courageous woman sharing her accomplishment today! Her name is Brittany- I have known Brittany since 1995! She and I have been through so much together- pretty much our entire lives! Brittany is that friend that never gives up on something she believes in, but knows when to walk away when things get out of control. Thank you for sharing Britt! I love you!

Brittany

My Name is Brittany, I am what they call an "Oil Field Wife". My Husband, Vern, of seven years has been working in the gruesome, high demanding and dangerous career path that is the Oil Field. Right now he is a Night Supervisor of the Frac Flow Back division in his company, FMC Technologies. He works a strenuous 12-14 hour a day shift for 28 days straight. Then he comes home for 14 days. You may be asking, "How does he do it?" The real question is "How do I?"

We have two kids, Our daughter is 3 and our miracle son is 10 months. I spend every day taking care of them. Feeding, dressing, entertaining them all by myself. At the end of the day I go to bed by myself, only to wake up two to three times in the night tending to a screaming, hungry and wet baby. Trying to get my daughter back to her own bed. Or simply waking to a strange noise.

Its been two years of this and it seems to be getting harder as the days go by. I talk and Skype my husband every day. He calls at 8pm just to say goodnight to our daughter. He even sings over the phone to calm our son. When he's home he is tired and exhausted, but he plays with our daughter and helps take her to school. His favorite pass time is to go down to the car wash and take our daughter to lunch while his truck gets all pretty.

At the end of the day I take a look at what I have. Two beautiful kids, a wonderful and loving husband, a house to live in, food to fill our bellies and so much love surrounding me. I pride myself in knowing that I am still here living and caring for my family. Staying strong for my husband so he can provide for us. Don't get me wrong, I have my weak moments. Moments when I sit in the shower and just cry or struggle to sleep because I'm alone. I take it one step at a time, one moment, one breath. Looking back I see what I've accomplished. I have a daughter who excels in school. Who is beautiful and full of light. A son who was fought for, wanted, and miraculously given to us even when we were told it may not happen. A life anyone would be proud to call her own.
 


Thanks again for sharing Brittany!
 
Now it's your turn. Email me (ladiesallday@gmail.com) with your story.
 
Next will be another one of my accomplishments! And a new recipe coming soon!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
L

No comments:

Post a Comment