Monday, May 13, 2013

Jessica

It's almost here!!!
 
The 1st ladies day meet-up is this Saturday! I'm so excited! Please let me know by Wednesday if you can make it or not. We will be meeting at my house at 11am. Bring magazines (that we can cut up) and a glue stick or two. You may also want to bring a snack and a drink. I will have chips/salsa and water. Bring a friend too!
If you don't know where I live contact me at ladiesallday@gmail.com and I will reply.
 
Now we have another friend to cheer for!
Jessica

Jessica is one inspiring lady! I'm about to post her topic but before I do I want to say a few things that I admire about her. I've know Jessica for a few years now but haven't really had conversation with her until this year. She is engaged to my friend so it's never really been 1 on 1. This year we have had a few conversations and I have to say I'm sad I didn't ever put forth an effort before. She is amazing, smart and funny! She is motivated and when she sets a goal she reaches it. She's currently trying to get me to run a 1/2 marathon with her. I'm not sure I'm up for that yet! Maybe if she keeps pushing I will give in.
Jessica- thanks for sharing with us today!
Her Story

I was overweight basically my entire life. From around the age of 10 to the age of 24. When I was at my biggest I was a size 22 and weighed 262 pounds. I had tried things many different times when I got older, probably 18 and on, but none of them worked. When I was around 19 or 20 my mom said she would pay for me to join weight watchers to help me lose weight so I figured why not. Well...it didn't work. I just was not mentally at my lowest and ready to make the change. I knew I was big but I didn't realize how big and overweight I really was because when I stopped going to weight watchers I stopped stepping on a scale.
About 4 years ago there was a picture taken of me by a friend. When I got home I looked at the picture and the very first thought in my head was "Holy crap I am HUGE!" And that was the point when I realized something had to change. I had a friend who had been on weight watchers and was doing great. My other friend said she was going to join and I should do it with her. So I figured why not and we signed up that week and went pretty much every week to the meetings together. Something clicked this time around and through healthy (well semi-healthy because I love candy) eating and exercise I lost 110 pounds. Best feeling ever was going to Lagoon and going on a ride and not having to sit in the "fat person chair" HAHAHA. It's constant work to maintain and stay healthy. I have gained a little weight back and am working on getting back down to where I want but it's all about give and take. The most important thing is that it is completely worth it. I have discovered that I am about to do things that I would never have thought before. I've discovered that I love kickboxing (I mean who wouldn't love punching and kicking things and NOT getting in trouble for it!), and even though I am by no means fast, I enjoy running and doing half marathons.
 
Before and After Pictures:


 

 
 
Jessica we are so proud of you! Rock on, Girl! Thank you for sharing!
 
What I Need From You
 
Now it's your turn! Send me something big or small that you love about yourself, that you've accomplished or a few paragraphs about someone that inspires you. I don't want this to be embarrassing or hard. I just want to focus on you for a moment and build you up. You can email me at LadiesAllDay@gmail.com. Please include something I can go off of to introduce you, a few sentences, paragraphs, pages if you want and any pictures that may pertain (if you have them). This can be something as simple as "I made it through the day" or as extraordinary as Jessica's story. I just want to celebrate YOU.
 
I look forward to seeing everyone this Saturday!
 
Thank you for sharing my web page and continuing to read what I'm putting out there!
 
L
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment