Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Vision Board Completion

Over the weekend we had our 1st Ladies Day! It was so much fun!

Take a look at what we accomplished!

Karryn- She wanted to do an inspiration board instead of a vision board. I think that is a neat idea! A way to inspire yourself daily with things you love. This is how hers turned out: (She had to leave a little early so it's not completely finished in my picture)
Brittany- She was focused on herself and making/buying and moving to a new home with her family. She has goals of having a zen garden in her yard- just for her- while still being a "super mom" and growing with her family. Brittany is also our next inspirational story to share! That is coming soon. Here is her vision board.

Mine is next. I put a lot of different goals for my year on my board. I'm going to explain mine in more detail since I know exactly what every item means to me. Lets start from the top left.
Grown up: I am so ready to be 30. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I'm at a place in my life that I am satisfied with what I have done in my 20's. I partied like crazy, I vacationed and slacked off. I worked hard at my career and I am proud to say that I've accomplished many goals. I feel like I am in a place now where it's time to grow up, take care of my husband and daughter. I've settled into my age and I'm ready for the next stage in life. 30 here I come!
My quote: After being in a stressful career, bringing home a lot of money- to being a stay at home mom and working just to get out of the house, I realize that women are the most flexible, resilient "species" I know! We can work till the sun goes down, while pregnant, with a kid and a husband (or not) at home. We come home after a long day at work to cook, clean and tend to others. We plan parties and remember birthdays. We stay home and get bills paid and budgets balanced. We go to school, we talk, we connect with everyone. We keep this world a turnin! And we wake up everyday to do it all over again. For ANYONE to tell us we can't- HA! We can and we do!
The rest of the items have stories behind them as well, but I will just touch on what else I wanted to accomplish this year.
I want good news, to be a happy mom, to manage my time and money. I want to have a lot of fun while keeping my little family happy and healthy. I want to spend time with my husband- date nights. I want to remember to take many pictures. I want to take a family vacation. We are working on our emergency supplies and I would like to be all set up by this time next year. I want to spend time in the sun and feel confident with my curves. I want to "tame my budget" so that we can have another baby. Yep! Another little one will be on its way as soon as we get out of debt! Hopefully we can start trying this time next year- if not before. And under my sun there is a word that says "Surprises!" I want some of those in my life. Nothing huge-just things like an ice cream cone after dinner or a clean house when I get home. Simple Surprises.



I did have one sweet lady email her board and I would like to have yours as well. I still have a bunch of magazines if you would like to grab some to cut up.

Melony- She was my only email. I appreciate your work Melony! Thank you for submitting!

Here is her description and picture: (BTW this project was her idea :))
Each year I like to make a vision board to help clarify my goals for that year. 2013 is my year for fitness! I'd like to train and complete a triathlon. Making this vision board helped me believe it's entirely possible and gave me the courage to learn to swim. It lives right by the door I use to enter my home as a daily reminder that I am strong and capable!!


Thank you ladies for participating!

Remember to subscribe and to share this web page.

Also- please submit a story of something that you have accomplished, someone or something that inspires you or even a project that you completed that makes you proud. I am even interested in what your goals are and how you are going about meeting them. You never know who is reading that can reach out and help you! I would love to feature you!

Lots of love,
L

No comments:

Post a Comment