Monday, August 10, 2015

Wood Blocking Sunday, August 23rd

First...
Have you subscribed to get event updates? Pretty soon I am going to stop doing Facebook reminders and just go through here. Please click "Join This Site" up there in blue. All that it's going to do is send you an email when I post events on here. Then you won't miss out on any information or events. You can unsubscribe any time.


Craft Lake City was a blast! We got rained out in a scary storm, but I can't wait to go again next year! There was so much to look at, for the kids to do and so much inspiration! Thanks to all the ladies that came and ran with me in the rain!

Next is wood blocking. There wasn't much notice for the 1st event, that's why I decided to do 2 events this month.  I would like to do this in August so that we have a different season for the projects (if you are new to this, we usually do wood blocking in October so we have a bunch of Halloween-Christmas holiday decorations). We may do it again in October, but I think I may have a different idea...

Wood Blocking
August 23rd, 2015 
2pm-7ish
Bring a dish to pass and your own drinks
You will also need: Wood glue or Modge Podge and your craft
RSVP for the address

I am going to link you over to the last post so that you have a clear understanding of what we are doing. Ben will be home again this year to cut wood if you need it.
I'd like to keep kids to a minimum, but they can play here if you can't find a sitter. Please try though. If your kids are old enough for a craft please supply them with what they need.

Links:

Here is the party information from last year. - Please remember to follow the above information for this years information such as time etc as some details are different than last years.


Here are the results (this should give you ideas of what people actually made. 


Here is the link to the Pinterest board for more ideas. 


  • Everyone bring 1 finger food/appetizer to pass  Some examples- Salad, rolls, cheese/crackers, fruit, vegetables, chips/dip or just chips... Think something we can snack on all day while we work. Please don't spend a lot of money!
  • Drinks. I will have cups for water but if you want anything else please bring your own. I expect many of you to be a bit tipsy... No kids, all girls... Just sayin'
Volunteers:
  • I need tables/chairs. I already have some but I may need more. If you have any please let me know.
  • Plastic for my floor. or paint blankets- or anything that can have paint/glue dropped on it that will keep it off my carpet. 
  • Paint brushes/sponges. I bought some, but I won't have enough for everyone. Please bring what you are willing to share or just 1 or 2 for yourself.
  • Some girlies to help me set up. I will need you here around 1:30pm
What I have- free for the taking:
  • Paper. It's all a mish-mash. If you want something specific please bring your own.
  • Paint. I don't know if I have the colors you want, but I do have paint I can share.
  • Accessories. I have a bunch of scrapbook stuff you can look through and take what you want.
  • Wood. My husband will be here early in the day to cut down to size if you need. 
What you definitely need to bring:
  • Your project 
  • Your personalized accessories such as paper, decorations, paint, screws... I have some but, again, if you want your project to be specific bring your own. 
  • An idea of how you want your finished product to look (This is where Pinterest comes in handy!)
  • WOOD GLUE! This is not an item anyone is going to have extra of or be willing to share if they do. I got mine at Wood Craft (9891 South 500 West Sandy, UT 84070) *Picture of glue below. Other glue will work, but it may mess up your paper. (If you are not gluing anything to your project don't bother getting glue.)
  • Your dish to pass
  • Your own drinks
  • Anything you volunteered to bring
The wood glue Patrice suggests.
 
If you have questions/concerns or want pictures of what I already have:
  • I'm not posting my phone number here, but you can text me if you have/can get my #
  • Facebook message or comment on the event page
  • Comment on here (please subscribe to this website by clicking on the blue join this site button at the top right of this page)
  • Email me: mrsleslieday@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment